Rich Chocolaty Cookies in Minutes? Smells to good to be true. In this hurry up world I am so happy when I have “home made” gluten free cookie dough in my freezer just waiting for me. I never need to worry about unexpected guests, potlucks, or taking treats with me when I am headed out the door. Just four ingredients from start to finish and best of all I bet you already have the ingredients in your pantry. This is a method that is so easy and quick it is just to good to keep secret so here it is.
Quick and Easy Chocolate Cookies
Initial Prep time about 10 minutes. Bake time about 9 minutes a batch.
One box gluten free chocolate cake mix of your choice (about 15-16 oz.)
One stick butter or margarine
One large egg
One jar (46 maraschino cherry halves)
How I do it:
1. Crack open one egg into a small dish and then place egg into large mixing bowl. Using a standing mixer is preferred but a hand held mixer will work beat for two minuets.
2. Add room temperature butter or margarine to large mixing bowl and continue to beat about two minutes or until butter and egg are blended.
3. Add chocolate cake mix a little at a time until dough is well blended and begins to form a loose ball. Use a rubber spatula to scrape sides of bowl while mixing if necessary. Then using a spatula scrape dough into a 4 cup covered container and freeze overnight or up to a couple of months.
Hint! Freezing cookie dough makes it easier to handle and less sticky.
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees and line a large cookie sheet with white parchment paper.
2. Use a one teaspoon melon baller if available. Dip melon baller into a cup of water and moisten fingers. Scoop out a rounded ball of dough an shape into a ball if necessary. Place fifteen round dough balls evenly onto parchment paper.
3. Slice maraschino cherries in half and Gently press one maraschino cherry half onto the center of each dough ball.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes depending on the variation of your oven and the texture you prefer. Ten minuets will provide a crisp cooky. Because I prefer a moister chewier cookie nine minuets is the magic number for my oven. If you are uncertain about your oven prepare a test batch checking at 8, 9 and 10 minuets.
5. Remove from oven and other sources of heat and allow to cool for at least three minuets.
6. Slightly twist cookie to remove from parchment. Place cookies on a cookie rack and allow to fully cool before placing on a serving platter. Makes about 45 cookies.